Good Bacteria You Should Know About
By: Jacqueline Gomes, RDN, MBA
Yogurt is more than just a tasty snack! Probiotics which are live cultures found in yogurt are known as “good bacteria” and can help create a healthy digestive system and has other health benefits.
Researchers are learning how probiotics can help
- Facilitate digestion and nutrient absorption
- AND Help optimize our body’s immune system
Yogurt is a good source of protein, which helps builds muscle, skin and helps us feel fuller, longer.
Yogurt is a Source of calcium which is needed to build strong bones and also needed your heart and muscles to function properly.
Yogurt is such a versatile food and can easily be incorporated into many dishes.
Turn a high fat dip into a lower calorie and higher protein dip by substituting sour cream with Siggi’s Plain 0% Fat yogurt. Veggies never tasted so good!
Veggie Dill Dip
Total time: 5 minutes
Makes: 2 (1/2 cup ) servings
- 8oz Siggi’s plain yogurt
- 3 Tbs fresh dill, chopped (or 1 tsp if dried)
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 Tbs spicy mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Chill for about 48 hours in the refrigerator to allow all the delicious flavors to blend in and enjoy with fresh vegetables such as celery and carrots!
Nutrition Facts: Calories 70, Protein 12g, Total Fat 0g, Saturated Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 420mg, Total Carbohydrates 6g, Sugars 3g
Recipe by: Siggi’s